Thursday, May 16, 2013

AP and IRS Scandal

After a cursory glance at this AP/Justice department business, I feel a bit concerned that the Justice department is recording journalists from the news organization AP because what is AP doing to deserve this scrutiny? I mean I know they reported stuff that pertained to national security so from my current understanding of law, what the Justice department did doesn't appear to be totally legal and it certainly isn't unconstitutional. In my humble opinion, the only way this would be unconstitutional is of the Justice department prevented or abducted the news from coming out. Although I can see a claim for invasion of privacy.

As for this IRS "scandal" I don't think there really is a story to tell. I mean politically profiling isn't a big thing for me especially since one of the biggest staples in the conservative philosophy is fiscal responsibility. So if these, for lack of a better term, PACs aren't soothsaying money on things that aren't political, I see no controversy here. Unless they're doing something they aren't suppose to be doing, what real harm does it do? Perhaps I'm missing something!

No comments:

Post a Comment