Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Hard Bricked Phone

Apparently you can actually hard brick a Samsung Galaxy S Captivate (here on in: Captivate) just by not clearing the phone and just running Odin 1-click.  So now I'm back on the iPhone, yuck, until I fork up the $50 to fix the problem (if it's even fixable)!

If you want to know my opinion, I think android can learn a thing or two from apple.  I like how on an android you can do almost anything you want if you're technical enough but I feel like android should come with a proprietary software like iTunes, even though I'm against this, just so you have the option to simplify things.  Don't get me wrong, I love the control you get from the current system but it should be somewhat automated.

What I have to do to backup anything on an my Captivate is first root the phone, then I have to download/side-load the program titanium backup.  After the backup, I have to plug in my phone to my Linux laptop and copy all the files from the titanium backup and any other pertinent data (I use terminal to do this, so that adds to my exhaustion).  With the iPhone, all I have to do is run iTunes and hit sync....simple.

Earlier that day, my brother and I were talking about object oriented programming...Java.  My experience in programming is visual basic 98 i.e. entry-level.  This was a whole new ball game but I think I got the concept of objects.  If I can wrap my head around programming, I might be able to find a job as a coder which apparently is very lucrative right now; although I think I'm going to stick with Network Security for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment