Friday, October 28, 2011

Fusion IX Review

XDA-Fusion



For the past week and a half I was playing around with Fusion IX which is a customizable rom for the Samsung Galaxy S Android phone.  Not sure if it was me but this one seems like the buggiest rom I've played with.  It has some major bugs that I would consider a deal breaker if I were choosing this as my "default" rom. If I knew more about programming I would come up with a program to emulate these roms so you don't waste time flashing them.  If there isn't one out there yet, I call this mine!!

Back on topic, the stock theme of this rom is quite colorful to say the least! The colors are a little too much if you ask me, from purples to blacks and some blue accents make the default theme a little too contrasting. That said, the designer definitely got something right with an animated notification drop-down menu, toggle and status bar icons. If I could find them in the zip file, I would definitely use these on my theme design.

Other than that, the rom has a problem with going back to home. What I mean is that when you press the home button on the phone itself, it takes you to the app list rather than the home screen. Once you actually get to the home screen it takes forever to load the widgets you have. This could be because my phone can't handle it but it's a samsung galaxy s!

The other biggest bug I've seen is that it fails at syncing up with google. I can't get my apps to download unless I use an app like titanium backup. My gmail contacts don't even sync up not does at&t contact backup service.


If it wasn't for these bugs, I would totally recommend this rom but until the collective fixes these bugs I would use this rom.

No comments:

Post a Comment